News Release: September 1, 2015
For additional information, contact: Carolyn Touhey 250-335-2342
Courtenay, BC—The Comox Valley Small Business Association, now in its 17th year in the Valley, announces the results of executive elections from its AGM.
The 2015-16 Board of Directors for the association are:
- President–Russ Ball (Audio Xcellence DJ Systems)
- Vice President— Janet Martyn (PartyLite Candles)
- Past-President—Donna Clairmont (Clairmont Custom Draperies & Décor)
- Treasurer—Maria Dann (Seal Bay Bookkeeping)
- Secretary—Heather Cooper (Medical Information Organizer)
- Membership—Elva Murdoch (Reflexology by Elva)
- Programming— Carmie Dixon (Carmie’s Catering)
- Marketing—Lisa Petr (The Zen of Why Life Coaching & Happy Chicken Balloons)
- Community Relations/Social—Lori Ball (Comox Valley Fossil Adventures)
The SBA meets monthly in the evening on the first Thursday of the month, September through June, with December and July being social events.
There are a variety of marketing opportunities for members—from speaking and/or networking at regular meetings to free postings on the website and Facebook page, to newsletter articles and announcements. Members can also gain visibility through sponsorships, door prizes, and participation on committees, the board, and in fun events, including the Canada Day parade.
Membership to the SBA is $95 per year with no charge to attend meetings. Membership in the SBA is open to all small businesses, including home-based businesses.
Meetings are held at the Evergreen Room at the Filberg Centre in Courtenay.
FMI: CVEntrepreneurs.com or Russ at 250-703-3444.
# # #